Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Student Teaching: Day 3

Today was exhausting. It's tough becoming re-acclimated to an eight-hour day after four years in college, with a sporadic schedule filled with nap and coffee breaks. Now it's lesson planning, classroom hopping madness. My CT, a "happy light" owner, is so quick to come up with lessons that I'm left spinning as to how she does it. These past three days have taught me that I still have a LOT to learn before March 1st- my D-day for taking over two of her classes. I know that eventually I will learn the students' names, that I will slowly gain confidence, that I will be able to plan lessons as quickly and efficiently as my peers, but that doesn't raise my spirits right now. Right now I just feel a little overwhelmed...and that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment