Sunday, July 4, 2010

Birds and the Beach



I'm trying to decide what to do with our very bland bedroom. Alek won't let me paint it : P so I'm having to be more creative. I'm in love with the Shabby Chic beach look and since we have to stick with white walls and the white furniture given to us by family, that seems to be the best alternative.

Step 1. I found the duvet cover on sale for $40 at Bed Bath and Beyond (Steal?...yes!) Doesn't really go with the beach idea, but I thought maybe I could make my own version of Shabby Chic something.

Step 2. We just put the curtains up today; I think they make the room look a little less washed out.

Step 3. I'm hoping, with the help of my handy husband, to make the headboard shown in the photo above. It's made out of a mantle or crown molding with hooks and a bench cushion.




Step 4. On top of the mantle, I plan to place picture frames painted the color of the birds on the duvet (teal, orange, and green).

Step 5. I found an old birdcage at Goodwill and I'm considering doing something like Make and Takes because I am still a kid at heart. Or something like the photo below, with plants inside the bird cage:



Just a few clean, fresh, fun looks for eye candy (most of these are from Decor Pad:







1 comment:

  1. omg I wish I was there. I wanna help decorate! lol I still need to see your new crib :)

    ReplyDelete